Right now the effort to label GMOs is heating up in New Hampshire and we need you to take immediate action today to let your elected officials know that you believe that the citizens of New Hampshire have the right to know if their food has been genetically engineered in a laboratory.
For the past several months, the New Hampshire House Environment and Agriculture Committee has been holding public work sessions in an effort to explore the necessity for GMO labeling in the Granite state, listening to the expert testimony on HB 660, “Requiring the Labeling of Genetically Engineered Foods and Agricultural Commodities”.
A vote is scheduled to take place tomorrow, October 29th in the House Subcommittee to pass the bill onto a full vote in the House Agriculture Committee on November 7th.
Already the opposition has been working behind the scenes trying to kill this common sense legislation that simply affirms your right to know what’s in the food you buy and feed your family. The opposition has even go so far as to hire a company to make Robo-calls to legislators urging them to vote against GMO labeling.
We need your voice to be heard in New Hampshire today!
After you contact your representative, invite 3 friends to join you in standing up for your right to label GMOs!
Labeling foods produced with GMOs is simple and common sense and allows us to make our own choices about how to feed ourselves and our families.
Most crops grown in New Hampshire and sold as human food are not genetically modified making this a win-win for New Hampshire. It will have little to no impact on our farmers, AND studies have shown there will be little to no cost to consumers at the grocery stores.
Please call or write the members of NH's House Environment and Agriculture Committee listed below to make your voice heard.
Committee Members who are also on the Subcommittee:
- Bob Haefner (R-Hillsborough Dist. 37 Hudson) 889-1553 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jane Johnson (R-Cheshire Dist. 12 Swanzey) 352-4057 email@example.com
- Linda Lauer (D -Grafton Dist. 15 Bath) 747-4001 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tara Sad (D-Committee Chair- Cheshire Dist 1 Walpole) 756-4861 email@example.com
- Lisa Whittermore (D-Rockingham Dist. 5 Londonderry) 434-0382 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter Bixby (D- Sub-Cmte. Chair, Cheshire Dist 1 Dover) 749-5659 email@example.com
- Scott Burns (D- Merrimack Dist. 2 Franklin) 203-7727 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alan Turcotte(D- Merrimack Dist. 22 Allenstown) 485-2349 email@example.com
- Wayne Moynihan (D-Committee V-Chair, Coos Dist. 2 Dummer) 449-2058 firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Environmental and Agriculture Committee Members:
- Christy Bartlett (D-Merrimack Dist. 19 Concord) 224-3174 email@example.com
- Rebecca Brown (D-Grafton Dist. 2 Sugar Hill) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janice Gardner (D-Strafford Dist. 15 Dover) 742-0205 email@example.com
- David Miller (D-Strafford Dist. 23 Rochester) 332-0925 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Warren Groen (R-Strafford Dist. 10 Rochester) 332-8988 email@example.com
- Stephen Palmer (R-Hillsborough Dist. 23 Milford) 673-5272 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guy Comtois (R-Belknap Dist. 7 Center Barnstead) 776-8989 email@example.com
- John O'Connor (R-Rockingham Dist. 6 Derry 434-8393) firstname.lastname@example.org
- James Parison (R-Hillsborough Dist. 25 New Ipswich) 878-5001 email@example.com
- Michele Peckham (R-Rockingham Dist. 22 North Hampton) 997-1120 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard Gordon (R-Rockingham Dist. 35 East Kingston) 642-7252 email@example.com
For years, activists across New Hampshire have been working hard to introduce reasonable legislation that would give this basic information to consumers about their food.
Click here if you think you have a Right to Know what's in your food! Join Food Democracy Now! in telling your elected officials that you care about GMO labeling and want to see them act immediately to pass this bill into law. Every voice counts!
Thanks for participating in food democracy,
Dave, Lisa and the Food Democracy Now! team
At Food Democracy Now!, we're working with activists on the ground in New Hampshire at NOFA-New Hampshire and New Hampshire Right to Know GMO to pass a solid bill on GMO labeling to protect your future.